Not much, just another come from behind, walk-off game winner for the Tribe last night!
With eight games left in this nine game, last of the season home stand, tickets are becoming scarce.
So, if you were not there, what did you miss?
- A brilliant pitching performance by Kansas City starter Brian Bannister who held the Indians to 1 run on 2 hits in 6 innings. He struck out 2 and walked 3. His undoing was the Indians' ability to take opposing pitchers deep in the count. The Indians were able to induce 107 pitches from Bannnister over those 6 innings.
- C.C. Sabathia, going for win #17, threw 116 pitches over 7 innings, 71 for strikes. C.C. struck out 13 Royals only walking 2 batters. His undoing was in the 5th inning when the Royals scored 4 runs to lead the game 4-1. So, C.C. was denied another victory but this time, it wasn't just lack of run support. The big guy was one of the first players on the field to congratulate (beat on) Casey Blake.
- Franklin Guttierez, who looked a bit lost facing Bannister, hit a 2-run homer run off of Royals reliever Joel Peralta in the bottom of the 7th inning to bring the Tribe within 1 run.
- Victor Martinez tied the game in the bottom of the 8th inning with a skyrocker to right field that was just missed by Royals right fielder Mark Teahan. The ball appeared to be held up by the wind as Teahan timed his jump and the ball went off of the side of his mitt and bounced into the stands for a solo shot. Victor hit the blast off of old friend David Riske.
- Joe Borowski, as promised, kept things interesting as he pitched a scoreless 9th inning after giving way to 2 Royals base runners on a walk and a hit. Is this guy going to be a hoot in the post season...Yikes!
- Then the stage was set. Leading off in the bottom of the 9th inning for Cleveland was Casey (at the bat) Blake. How many time before have we seen this guy gut out a victory for the Indians? I knew he was going to do it and it looked and felt like 35,230 other fans knew it, too. Riske's first pitch was sent deep into the left field stands for the walk-off game winner!
Great pitching, big hits, come from behind victories, pie celebrations, fabulous fireworks, Detroit coming to town, Dollar Dog Night, and a chance to win the division on this homestand...
Get those tickets now!