- How about Peter Lewis and his monster insurance company? The field is already called Progressive Field! The only problem is that this bleeding heart will go soft and eject our beloved Chief Wahoo for a more politically correct mascot...Forget it!
- How about Eaton Corporation? They appear to be a financially sound rock of Cleveland with roots dating back to founder and Clevelander Cyrus Eaton. Does anyone know exactly what they do?
- American Greetings....no, forget it, their bottom line has dropped.
- Cleveland Clinic! Now there is a thought! This world power in medicine could keep the team healthy if not in contention! "Cleveland Clinic Heartland Field!" Naw, they would dump the Chief too.
- Forest City Enterprises? This mega-real estate mogul certainly has the bucks. Their roots are deep in Cleveland...Hmmmm!
- Here's a laugh...The Cleveland Plain Dealer! Forget it! Although they are out performing many news papers in the country, the economy and future of printed news is quite in jeopardy.
- How about a savvy businessman like Mike Feuer? He is experienced at bringing investors together in a united effort. He loves to tell the story of how he founded OfficeMax on a blank piece of paper. He is about to do it again with his new company, Max Wellness, a chain of health super-stores about to open in September across the nation. While the CEO and President of OfficeMax, Mike began an advertising campaign in major league ballparks, beginning with the right field wall of then Jacobs Field. His apparent love affair with baseball was rekindled as he could be seen many nights in the field box seats next to the Indians' dugout. He is a tough businessman who get the results he wants...I love it!
Somewhere out there in the greater Cleveland area is a hero. Someone like Dick Jacobs who has the ability to put together a purchase for this team and run it day in/day out as a successful and competitive business. I long for that day and wait with anticipation with millions of greater Clevelanders for such a hero...