- Did the Indians let up too early?
But look at some of the games we should have won. Of course no one could foresee the collapse of the Red Sox. As late as September 1st everyone thought Boston had a lock on the wild card if they didn't win the division outright. Could the Indians have been playing tonight for the wild card?
- Injuries you say?
But why so many injuries?
You have to go back a few years when we still had the likes of CC, Cliffy, and Jake who all suffered oblique muscle pulls on several occasions.
Ankles, knees, forearms, elbows, stomach muscles (obliques), calf muscles, hamstrings...sounds like not enough strengthening and conditioning, huh?
When the assistant head trainer jogs out on the field being heavily overweight, what message does that send to the players? We all could stand to lose a few pounds but when you have constant access to the best exercise and strengthening equipment, is there any excuse?
I maintain that for years the Cleveland Indians do not focus enough on strengthening and conditioning.
Want to disagree?
So what if I am wrong (which I am not)?
Could stronger players in better condition hurt anything?
- Who are you pulling for tonight for the wild cards?
If it was up to me, Boston loses and Tampa wins...I am just so tired of the Red Sox but not as tired of them as I am of the Yankees.
I am also pulling for the Cards!
Maybe I want the long shots because we could have been there as well.
- Isn't Sheldon Ocker of the Akron Beacon Journal the top reason to buy a Plain Dealer?
- Will Fausto be released and become a star somewhere else when he gets his head straight?
- When will Hafner be Full-ner?
- Does Grady Sizemore need to take his game down to 99% to stay healthy?
- Don't you just want Jack Hanahan to bat over .300 and play 3rd everyday?
- It was great to have Thome back but where will he play next year if he plays 'cause it won't be here.
- Are you a Manny Acta believer? He converted me but I just want him to protect his players with ferocity!
The Cards are winning 4-0!
Both the Rays and Red Sox are losing...Cool! The regular season may be extended!